IEEE Big Data 2015
2015 IEEE International Conference on Big Data
Oct 29 – Nov 01, 2015 @ Santa Clara, CA, USA
Online Paper Submission
Please submit your abstract and paper from here.
Sustainability is an important issue in the modern world. Its human society needs to regard the potentials of sustainability from a global perspective. UNEP has promoted sustainable production and consumption (SPC) since 2013 in its 10 YFP. Presently, it cannot be said that the definition of sustainability is complete. However, it can be expected that evaluating the current risk of socioeconomic systems, foreseeing any future risks and implementing resilience into them may build a sustainable society.
To do so, it seems to be necessary to understand the state of socioeconomic systems (nowcast) from evidences and to possess design concepts regarding future (foresee). Currently, we have rich data on socioeconomic-environmental systems due to development of information and communication technology. For example, we have rich data on demography with geographical information, point-to-point data on transportation statistics and economic activities from e-commerce platforms. It is expected that we will be able to understand our societal activities and find room for improvement. To do so, we have several challenges. Firstly, we need to construct a rich database on socio-economic-environmental systems. Secondly, we need computational methodologies to infer these measures from a statistical point of view, since this data is always incomplete. Thirdly, we need to consider a method to implement novel technologies into societal problems.
In this workshop, we intend to share visions to investigate socio-techno-environmental systems based on rich data with researchers and exchange new ideas based on current state-of-the-arts. In this workshop, we set two goals:
- Mutual understanding of different fields
- Finding opportunities of sustainable development from Big Data
All submitted manuscripts will be peer-reviewed by at least 2 program committee members.
Transportation, Logistics, Tourism, Production and Consumption, Infrastructure, Banking and Finance
- July 20, 2015: Due date for abstract and title submission (Extended)
- Sept 5, 2015: Due date for full workshop papers submission
- Sept 20, 2015: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
- Oct 5, 2015: Camera-ready of accepted papers
- October 29-November 1, 2015: Workshops
Program Chair and co-Chair
- Program Chair: Dr. Aki-Hiro Sato (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Program Co-Chair: Dr. Hidefumi Sawai (NICT, Japan)
Program Committee Members
- Dr. Meiko Jensen (ULD, Germany)
- Dr. Takeshi OSOEKAWA (Fujitsu Ltd., Japan)
- Dr. Till Becker (The University of Bremen, Germany)
- Dr. Takashi Isogai (Bank of Japan, Japan)
- Dr. Akira Namatame (National Defense Academy of Japan, Japan)
- Dr. Takao Terano (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)